Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work Monday 8th April 2024 Hartlepool
9.30 am - 4.30 pm Hartlepower Greenbank Stranton TS24 7QS
The purpose of the Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to provide appropriate care and manage life threatening conditions, minor illness and injuries.
- Understand the role of the first aider including infection control and recording incidents.
- Assess situations, circumstances and events in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure), choking, wounded, bleeding or suffering from shock.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds and small splinters.
- Deliver and assess the safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Who is this for?
This is the most popular first aid qualification. The Emergency First Aid at Work qualification (EFAW) is the choice of many employers to ensure they are meeting the requirements of the Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) is ideal for those employers that need to meet the minimum requirement of first aid regulations; typically those working in shops, offices and other low risk environments.
This qualification is aimed at those over 16 who are able to undertake the responsibilities associated with being an emergency first aider. Those under 16 may undertake the qualification, however they should not be relied upon by employers to be a responsible first aider.
Attendees will be required to demonstrate First Aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.